Be among the first candidates to prepare and maximize your chances to pass the McKinsey Problem Solving Game, formerly known as the Digital Assessment!
Getting into McKinsey is tough. In fact, according to Forbes, McKinsey is the toughest firm to get into. A staggering 99% of consulting applicants fail in the recruiting process. And now, the Firm has developed another challenge for aspiring consultants. McKinsey is currently rolling out a new gamified, digital assessment to replace the older Problem Solving Test. We have discussed this tool in some detail here.
McKinsey itself keeps any information that could prime applicants out of the public. Candidates receive very little information about the test in their invitations. In fact, the Firm’s advice is not to prepare at all. Test takers we have spoken to told us that they had no idea how to prepare or how well they fared with their approach and solutions.
In the context of McKinsey applications, you do not want to let anything be decided by chance. With the introduction of this new test, initial scores and the threshold needed to move on to the case interviews will be low. Over time, as with any assessment, we expect score inflation as more and more candidates learn about the assessment and prepare accordingly.
Let’s turn the odds in your favor! The McKinsey Problem Solving Game Guide by StrategyCase.com is designed to help you prepare and ace the test at this early stage. Our goal is to give you an edge over other applicants taking the McKinsey Problem Solving Game. Hence, we dug into the mechanics of the test and pulled our sources. Since launching the guide in November 2019, we have constantly refined the content. Over the last 12 months alone, we talked to more than 150 test-takers from all geographies as well as several game design experts and researchers to bring you the latest insights and test-taking strategies.
By following the strategies for each game, the research-backed recommendations, and exercises in this guide, you will feel more confident when taking the test and significantly increase your performance (as confirmed by our more than 1700 customers from now more than 50 countries).
We have now added 4 videos to give you greater insights into the gameplay strategies and the interface.
In detail, the 82-page guide and the 4-part video series cover
- The context of the Problem Solving Game
- The type of tasks and scenarios you can expect in great detail (what you need to do, how they look like, how they are structured, gameplay mechanics)
- How you should prepare for the core skills that are being assessed including research-backed approaches, actionable exercises, and links to further free-of-charge-resources to train your skills
- How you should take the test and test-taking strategies to ensure high scores based on input from actual game design experts and high-scoring test-takers
- The guide is constantly updated with feedback from recent test-takers. The current version is 7.1
- Additionally, we have included our 6-page case interview primer on top to jump-start your consulting case interview preparation already while preparing for the McKinsey PSG
You can now download the guide instantly after purchase. The password IS the email address you enter during the purchase.