Case interview industry cheat sheets
100% secured checkout via
The 30-page guide includes every industry you need to prepare for your consulting case interviews
- 27 key industries (including more obscure and creative ones)
- Detailed information on each industry vertical that is relevant for the case interview
- Financials including key cost and revenue drivers, their magnitude as well as profit margins
- Business models including key products and services, revenue streams, sales channels, as well as customer segments, and key competitors
- Information on industry trends and outlook
- Risks and challenges that keep CEOs awake at night
- Aerospace, space, defense
- Consumer goods
- Energy providers
- Infrastructure construction
- Media and entertainment
- Mining and metals
- Oil and gas
- Pharmaceuticals and life sciences
- Postal and courier services
- Private Equity
- Public sector
- Pulp and Paper
You can download the industry overviews and cheat sheets instantly after purchase. The password is the email address you enter during the purchase.
Very well organized collection of critical facts for different industries in case interviews. Practical toolkit for thinking about frameworks or just to sprinkle in some facts into the discussion to demonstrate business sense and knowledge.
Received it in combination with the 1% book and it’s very useful!
as others have pointed out this is a great weapon in the arsenal of everyone going through cases. this industry knowledge helps sharpen your insights for most cases. it does a stellar job of showing the essentials without overburdening you with senseless data
Saves you sooo much to time to research and learn about business. The work has been done for you and nicely summarized and presented.
This booklet covers many (all?) industries and as someone else pointed out strikes the right balance between providing the relevant and insightful information without being too wordy or detailed.
This is a great tool that I have been looking for during my whole studies so far. If you are like me and purchased every case prep product under the sun this was the puzzle piece that was missing.
Upon payment I got the document which contains the most pertinent information about virtually every industry that is out there. After studying the charts for a bit I can now think and speak much more fluently about different cases. It helps with every aspect of a case, from coming up with better frameworks for different industries to providing more business and common sense when talking about your hypohtesis etc. I had no idea about the different segments like oil and gas or postal etc etc. It contains everything you need in a crisp but comprehensive form.
I think its a product tool and the value for money is off the charts for what you get.
I downloaded it as part of the 1% gift offer and I loved both the book and this informative overview. thank you very much!
Tim B –
Very thorough overview of the different industries and key facts. I noticed that I can incorporate some of those facts as “wisdom” in every case I was practicing since I studied this booklet. It covers a lot in an easy to read format.
Highly recommend. Learning the key talking points of different industries helped me to fill knowledge gaps and bullshit a bit more in front of the interviewers. Very nice addition to exercises and drills.
This guide is a must-buy regardless of where you are in your case prep journey. It is comprehensive (covering all the industries you might encounter in a case) and info-dense while still being concise and easily-digestible. You could tell a lot of effort was put into this. I was already an advanced candidate but the insights from this guide helped me considerably, especially in contextualising my frameworks and generating more industry-specific insights when brainstorming. Definitely recommend!
The templates provide great insights, tips and suggestions for looking at different industries and understanding how to deal with them in different cases. Well explained and visualised.
great industry primer if you want to have all angles covered
Moritz G –
I think this is a great supplement for case interview prep. I liked how clearly the information for each industry is conveyed. Some industries might be complex but the language is simple.
1. Simple but effective product for my casing and some of my case partners have commented on my ability to generate industry insights now
2. Neat and tidy slides that help memorization
3. Very exhaustive and comprehensive
exactly as displayed. great resource
the document provides a great overview of all kinds of industries. This makes it ideally suited to …
– learn about them and what drives them (especially in areas I had no experience) and also hear some vocabulary for the first time that could be used during interviews
– help come up with ideas during the creation of the case framework
– contextualize ideas in a case
Great overview with a lot of useful information to remember especially if you are not familiar with different industries and what drives them. I think there is a good balance between providing an overview of the most important information (financials, drivers, products…..) without losing yourself in too much detail that you cannot remember. It helps me put cases and case problems into perspective and come up with ideas.